Did you know …
- Nearly 23,000 people live in the city of Maple Valley (2010 Census)
- About a third of them are under 18 (2010 Census)
- About one in seven Maple Valley residents lives in a rental; everybody else lives in an owner-occupied home (2010 Census)
- Tahoma School District experienced the second highest enrollment growth from 1985 to 2010 among King County districts. Issaquah grew 141 percent, Tahoma 139.4 percent, and Riverview (third) 101.5 percent.
- Family Circle magazine named Maple Valley one of its 10 best towns for families in 2011. Read the story HERE.
- In the 2010-11 school year, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency gave Tahoma High School’s student-led Green Team the President’s Environmental Youth Award, one of only 10 in the nation. Read the student-written story HERE.